Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Random, but mostly a good week...


Cans, cans, cans, dried foods, and more cans. I'll be dreaming about cans and dried goods for days to come. We had a food drive at work along with a "friendly" competition on whose team would donate the most. I was the team captain for my team to motivate my teammates and remind them to clean out their pantries and donate. The final results are not in, but I think I have the winning team! I personally donated 161 items and the remaining of my team donated 542 for a total of 703 items! There were only about 6 of us who donated out of 10 which is kind of sad, but I'm just happy we donated what we could. All of it is being donated to the low country food shelf.

I am hoping against hope that we are the winning team. It would mean that an underdog team beat everyone. I'm always rooting for the underdog. I say we were the underdog team because everyone else's team had a supervisor. My supervisor is on extended leave and is ill. The way it worked out is when teams started lagging in numbers; the supervisors were picking up the slack by spending money to donate. (Our supervisors at work make pretty good money and can afford to do this.)

Needless to say there was only one other team that came anywhere near matching if not beating us. I tried to keep focus that it was all for a good cause, but I am VERY competitive. The team captain of the team I was struggling against was Jayk's team! The thing is, I was supposed to be on Jayk's team, but his supervisor was a girl that was hired with me and did some shady things to get me off her team. So it was almost like competing against her.

They had us beat until the last day (yesterday 4/30/07). My team did a sneak attack! We brought in over 400 items yesterday alone! It was great! So everyone keep their fingers crossed that at the last minute she didn't go out and get more stuff! I will keep everyone posted. I will say it was definitely a fun event, and I think I figured out a new workout in the process. Carrying bags of cans up two flights of stairs will do wonders for your cardiovascular and muscular health!

Anyway in the midst of all that craziness Logan had two weeks straight with no problems or timeouts at school. I'm extremely happy about this because that's a difficult feat for a 3 year old! I'm trying to hold onto the good stuff right now like my vacation, the food drive, Jay, Logan, and my friends. I'm trying not to stress about not being able to stay up in MN for good, our upcoming increase in rent, posting to another position, keeping my grades up, or the weird bumps I found on the back of my head that hurt. (No they're not from any kind of rowdiness, perverts -minus Rocket since you don't think of your little sis that way.)

I'm hoping they are just from stress or the heat or something. I'm hoping it's not my lymph nodes or something more serious. There's one on each side of my neck behind my ears at the base of my skull and one on the back of my head at the base of my skull (that's the only one that hurts.) I have a doctor's appointment Thursday morning, and I'm sure I'm just overreacting; regardless I would rather be sure. I don't want to go on vacation and something happen or I get sick. Better safe than sorry right?

7 comments:

the Book of Keira said...

According to Dr. Seuss, you need a Zans. (To open cans, to open cans you need a Zans)

heh heh.

Mags said...

Way to go killer! That's awesome that you are pretty sure you're team is the winner...

I'm wicked competative too, so I know how you must have felt trying to beat that shady lady!

Woo hoo!! I love a cut throat competition for charity. ;)

Brianinmpls said...

I like to throw cans at people..

I hope the Dr. goes good you will have to let me know..k?

Colette said...

The108-Zans sound good to me! ;) hee hee...

Mags-Thanks! I STILL haven't gotten the final results, so I won't know until Saturday at the earliest now! I'm off the next two days!

Brian- I like to throw things period...and I will let you know, I go tomorrow at 8am. =) 7 your time.

Brianinmpls said...

Hope it went well:)

Rocketstar said...

Great job!

Colette said...

***update if anyone reads this*** We came in second! I beat out the shady supervisor, but the team that had the organizer of the event one! We all think she cheated because she had updated numbers from the rest of us the whole time and was behind us until the very end..oh well, at least it was for a good cause and I beat out the dumb supervisor! =)