Thursday, May 03, 2007

Update on my lumps!

Ok, so I went to the doctor today. Dr. Little has to be the coolest doctor ever. Not only is he Irish, and I love listening to the accent, but he's not all stuffy and doesn't speak in medical terms that most people don't understand.

Over the past two years I've put on a couple pounds (not that I am huge by any means), and that was part of my worry. Diabetes runs thick in my family, and I was also experiencing numbness in my hands from time to time. Then the lumps came and that really worried me. Doctor Little made me feel 90% better. He told me that the lumps, who I will now name Jayk Jr., and Logan Jr., were just from swollen lymph nodes. He said they didn't seem to be infected as they aren't irritated or painful. They could have just been something like a minor infection that seems to be going away now. Yay! The headache I had when I woke up this morning instantly disappeared. Then I got the lecture about smoking. Yea yea yea..It's not that I don't want to quit, I can't right now. Rocket, don't start with me, I can physically quit yes, but mentally right now I can't. So just save it. I love you!

That was another thing we talked about. He kept asking me why I was so anxious all the time and why I was so stressed out. My answer was, "because it's what I'm good at." I can't help it! He kind of laughed at me and told me to stop letting things bother me so much...easier said than done when you work full time, have a child, go to school, and attempt to remain a romantic relationship. I stopped biting my nails (only because I got them done) and he said that was probably an anxiety thing too. Duh? I KNEW that. Either way, he said I have to watch the anxiety thing too.

I digress, back to the diagnosis. Since he has some concerns about the weight (even though I've lost 6 pounds, which I was thrilled about in the past two months) and the heavy predisposition to diabetes in my family and on top of that I was border lining gestational diabetes when I was pregnant; off to the lab he sent me for blood work. So that's where we stand now. I gave a tube of blood (and I HATE needles) and am waiting for the results which he said I should have by tomorrow.

At least now the worry about some weird cist or tumor is gone. I'm not as worried about the possible thyroid or diabetes issue, because I can control those. So now that my head isn't as full of worry, I get to play catch up again in school. Bleh. Off I go, I will continue to update on this fun little f*&#ed up adventure of my health when I hear something about the blood tests.

6 comments:

Brianinmpls said...

Yeah:)

I know what you mean about the smoking Nazi...I get crap every time we go to lunch..lol

Colette said...

Hahaha!Gotta love him..

the Book of Keira said...

That's great!!! I'm glad that the lumps turned out to be nothing major and I'll have my fingers crossed that your bloodwork comes back normal.

I could give a fuck about people smoking.

Mags said...

Glad to hear your lump (your lovely lady lumps LOL) are nothing to be really worried about-I'll keep my fingers crossed too for the lab work to come back ok.

Colette said...

**update**Doctor's office called this morning, everything came back normal! Yay! I'm sooo relieved!

Mags- I honestly thought about making the title for this post "My lovely lady lumps!" LOL!

Rocketstar said...

I'm glad to hear everythig is ok. Yeah and stop killing yourself, I meaN SMOKING ;O)