Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The time has come!(or just random thoughts)

Yay! Today, we begin our road trip back home to MN/WI. I use both states, because I love them both equally. However, I hate the Green Bay Packers, go Vikes!

So I woke up at 5 AM today because I want to get a move on and get the hell out of here. Thinking that my darling baby boy would wake up early as usual (like around 6-630AM) I would take the quiet time to get caught up and get my assignment done for school today. This worked out well, since I was able to read a chapter about new religious movements and answer my discussion question that was due today. Boy was that chapter eye opening and kind of scary.

I am so happy that these two classes are almost over! Religions of the World has been interesting as hell because I knew literally nothing about any religion, and Environmental Science is like a bad acid trip into eighth grade; when I hated the junior high version of this class as much as at the college level.

So anyway, my religions class has further hammered the last nail so to speak, as to why mass religion makes no fucking sense to me at all. The only religion that made any sense to me and that I could respect and understand is Buddhism. Now mind you, I only learned the basics and have much more research to do into this religion since it is what I am writing my final paper on. However, out of all the readings in my text book and the interview I recently had with a converted friend, I can honestly respect a Buddhist.

Now I know at least one person that frequents my blog and I hers is a Buddhist, so any info that this person would like to email me about how she practices and/or perceives her chosen religion would be super awesome, and I could possibly incorporate 2 interviews/ correspondence with Buddhists I know into my paper and impress the shit out of my professor. That would be fun right?

So on my way to MN/WI on this long ass road trip, I will be reading three books my converted friend gave me, and am really kind of looking forward to it. So far I have learned that Christianity is confusing as hell, Islam is scary as hell, and all the new religions involve what I consider crazy cult like followings. As I write this, I am realizing, I am actually going to miss this class. Not writing the papers no, but the discussions and thoughts it wakes up in my brain..

If my two men would ever wake their asses up we could get this show rolling and I could stop rambling... Only a few things left to pack, and some sandwiches to make, a couple errands and off we go!

Here comes little man now...perfect...well off I go!

I will do my best to keep on blogging, but I plan on drinking lots of Leinenkuegels and relaxing while I'm working on my finals. At least the Leinies will make it interesting right? Wish me luck on this 20 hour road trip! Have a great week everyone!

6 comments:

Brianinmpls said...

Good Luck on your travels see you soon.

the Book of Keira said...

Good luck! And if you have any questions... email me! I will answer whatever I can for you :-)

Have a great trip!!

Mags said...

I'm a little late but YAY for a road trip!!!

Have a great time!!

Colette said...

**Update, I've made it! I'm at my dad's!** It was actually a really good trip, Logan was a champ, and I'm already working on my second Leinenkuegel's Berry Weiss!! Yummy!

Rocketstar said...

You only have one, "home town". ;o)

I agree with yur Buddhist comment, as long as we are speaking of Western Buddhism which doesn't have all of the mysticism in it.

See you this weekend.

Mags said...

Are we there yet?

;)

Hope you're having a great time!