Saturday, March 01, 2008

Alone on a Saturday

So me and lil man have today to ourselves. I have mountais of laundry to do. I need to go get some clothes for little man. He's growing like a weed, but I don't really know if I want to shop the gammut of Saturday shoppers with a four year old in tow. I hope Jayk gets done with his class early so I can drag both of them.

I need some new work clothes and play clothes for that matter, not to mention shoes, but I'm waiting until I drop a few more sizes. I'm down one size already, and that was motivation enough to keep going with Weight Watchers. I lost 10, then when I was sick gained 5, and now I'm back down 5. Either way when I bought a new pair of jeans last week and they were one size smaller than what I used to wear, I put the diet into high gear.

I decided to pay for Weight Watchers online for 3 months.Not too bad, through work it was only $55 vs. $69.95. They say my healthy weight is between 115 and 140, but my target goal is 115! I can't imagine being that small again, but we'll see. ;) I hope to at least get down to 130. I've been so good, I haven't cheated, not even once. I've stuck to my points and went grocery shopping accordingly and it so far has not been that bad. The only thing I think I'll pass on next time is fat free cottage cheese. It's only one point less than the two percent cottage cheese, but the taste difference is SO huge. I honestly never thought I would pay to have someone help me lose weight, but honestly since I'm a cheapskate when it comes to pinching pennies, if I pay for it, I'm going to use it. Therefore paying makes more sense to me.

I personally think that Mags should move to SC and open up a Weight Watchers restaurant. She would know exactly how to prepare food that us WW people could eat and stay on our point system, AND it would taste scrump-diddly-umptious! Applebee's only has a few items from WW, but I will admit it was pretty good. Mags, you could do a WHOLE MENU of your own creations!

OK, I'm babbling again. So, here is my dilema, shop or laundry? Shop or laundry? Maybe I should make my head ache go away first....Happy Saturday!

7 comments:

Crazy Working Mom said...

Just wanted to return the visit and say thanks for stopping by this morning. I am doing Mt St Laundry this morning as well! :)

Have a great weekend!

Tisha @ CrAzY Working Mom

Rocketstar said...

Nice work keep it up.

The key is to feel proud and strength in the fact that you can deny yourself something that you may want but don't need.

Colette said...

Rocket, you are so right. I feel a lot more confident. Even though I have a long way to go for my goal, I really can already see the difference. Thanks for your words of encouragement. They mean a lot! Love you!

Crazy: I almost have the laundry under control. I'll be by again soon I'm sure!

Sarah said...

i love this post! it totally encompasses EVERY feeling i've had about WW in the last 4 months.

Brianinmpls said...

What did you end up doing?

the Book of Keira said...

That's awesome that you're doing so well! I'm jealous...lol. I've been flaking out big time.

Colette said...

Brian: I ended up staying home and conquering Mt. St. Laundry ans Tisha put it :) But Sunday, shopping I went! LOL

Kyra: So far Weight Watchers has been the only thing to work. I still eat what I want, just in smaller portions. =)