Friday, August 31, 2007

Today is officially cancelled.


OK so first I wake up and Logan has got a bug causing him to lose bodily fluids out of both ends. Poor kid. He's fine now, but it wasn't the perfect way to start my morning.



Then, I go to get the laundry out of the dryer that Jayk did yesterday (mostly his clothes) and a couple of my items, but there were blue spots all over everything including a brand new t-shirt that I bought for him last week! Low-and-behold there is Jayk's work pen at the bottom of my dryer. And there's blue streaks all over the inside of my dryer. Great. So I put shout on all of the effected clothes and throw them right back in the washer, clean out the inside of the dryer, and take a couple of shirts in our bedroom to hang to dry.



I get in my bedroom and am getting ready to move a now dry shirt to make room for the wet one I want to air dry, and I look, there are ants all over the shirt hanging. (The shirt was hanging on the doorway that leads to our patio in our master bedroom.) I hate bugs. SO, I suck it up and am walking the entire mess out into my patio and as I get in the patio, one of the little fuckers bites me between my index and middle finger on my left hand! Fire ants were IN my house! WTF!? (For my friendlies up north, these are vicious little pain-in-the-ass ants that bite you and and cause wherever they bit to itch like crazy and swell up).



So I drop the shirt in the patio and go back inside to deal with the rest of them. Instead of getting bit again, I call the office where we live to send an exterminator. She says "We'll try to get someone out there today." I say, "I have a four year old, there's no trying, I need to have someone out here today." (Bug man came and went, so hopefully that will solve that.)
I'm just steaming at this point because I've had so many problems with this stupid office at our house and I got bit yet once again! So after dinking around on the computer for a while cause I'm too pissed to do anything else, I decide that "chicken and french fries" don't sound too bad, and leaving the house for a few minutes may do me some good.(Chicken and french fries means that Logan asked me for McDonald's.) Then I'll be motivated enough to finish laundry and cleaning, etc.



Not so bad right? Wrong. I get back to my house, and as I walk in, I realize it's about as warm in my house as it is outside (approx 85 degrees). WTF? I go check the thermostat, and the ac is on and I can hear it running. I go check the vents..no air coming out. SON OF A BITCH! What the hell else is going to go wrong? I don't even want to know.



So here's my day -puking, shitting child leads to leaky pen in the dryer, to nasty fucking bugs, to a non-working ac unit. I give up. I hate shitty days. This one is officially cancelled. If Logan wasn't being such a good boy, I would have killed someone. Thankfully I have angel-Logan today. Not whiny-screaming-attitude Logan. I wish I could go back to sleep and start all over...grrrr...


7 comments:

Colette said...

***update*** Almost 4 hours later and the AC is still broke. The maitenance guy came it was working fine he came back 30 min later to top some freon off in it and the bitch froze up. So we're still sweating at 85+ degrees in here. DAMN HEAT OF THE SOUTH!

Maggie Moo said...

Uh....how you doin' today?

Colette said...

LOL..I'm ok today. my mom came and sprayed so now the fire ants are all dead and I have a linen closet full to wash. But other than that the AC is back up and running. Now I just gotta play catch up with reading for school! LOL Thanks for asking Mags!

the Book of Keira said...

For some reason, everywhere the Army has sent us are places where they don't believe in air conditioning. First Germany, then El Paso Texas where it gets about 110 degrees and now here in Washington. It's like they assume that it doesn't get hot here which is just ridiculous because it gets pretty goddamned hot. I love a/c

Rocketstar said...

On the bright side, it can't get any worse. It's downhill from here ;o)

Brianinmpls said...

Your not going to cancel the whole month of September are you?

Colette said...

HAHAHA! Brian..lol no..new post coming soon..