Monday, August 20, 2007

I'm done..

The above is just a heeded warning my friends. I am having a fun filled two weeks of absolute bullshit, and I do not know how much more I can take. In the grand scheme of things I'm sure it's no big fucking deal, but everything is getting on my last damn nerve. I mean everything. Even Logan, and he rarely gets on my nerves.

Let's start wit this lovely multi-billion dollar blood sucking empire. Fuck Dell. I like their computers, but their CEO's and management deserve to burn in hell or bring their jobs back into the fucking United States. I absolutely HATE and LOATHE the stupid half English speaking cocksuckers that answer the phone sounding like the Kwiki-mart character from the Simpson's saying his name is "Joe" or "Sam" or even better the women with names like "Christi".


My first encounter with them was a couple of months ago when I future dated a payment and they took it out right away. The second was last week. As many of us know, many business further bend us over hot coals and rape us with "convenience" fees for stupid bullshit like same day/online/phone/check/credit card payments. Dell is no exception to the rule.


My balance last week for my laptop was $1,413.74. Not a huge amount of money, but that's a decent chunk for one lump payment. AND I wanted to purchase another one. (That's a whole other story). SO I choose to click the little box for SAME DAY payment and agree to the "convenience" fee of $9.95. What's another $10 when you're making that kind of payment right?

So after I get my tracking number and confirmation email, I log back into my account to see if my available credit shot up since I made the payment. Nope. Waited a couple of hours...Nothing. Damn it. Now I have to call these assholes to find out what's up."Samantha" or "Anne" answers my call. Lucky her.


ME: "I made a payment and agreed to the extra fee for $9.95 to process a same day payment about 4 hours ago. When can I expect to see my payment post to my Dell account?"

In her most scripted polite tight ass voice

DELL REP: "Oh, I am so sorry m'om, dis can take up to 24 hours for da bank to clear da funds and den it will post to yor Dell account."

Her answer would have been perfectly acceptable had she acknowledged I paid a god damned fee to pay my fucking balance off on the same day. Just completely skated over that little fact.


ME: "Then why did I pay a convenience fee of $10 to have my payment post TODAY?" I got the same damn response. Exact same response. I'm getting pissed at this point.

ME again: "Maybe you don't understand what SAME day payment means. It means I paid $10 extra dollars that I didn't have to, so I could turn around and give your company more business. If it takes 24 hours to post to the Dell account, it should state that online, and I would like you to waive the fee, since I could have just as easily posted a next day payment and avoided the fee all together."


STUPID DELL REP: "Oh, I so sorry m'om, I cannot waive da fee. It is standard fee. You made agreement to pay da fee, I cannot waive it, since payment already confirmed."

My blood is boiling, but I am still trying to keep my cool at this point. I know how much customer service sucks. I want to slit my wrists everyday I wake up and have to go to work. (Yet another blog in itself).


ME: "OK, I UNDERSTAND your job. I happen to work for a multi-billion dollar company doing EXACTLY what you do EVERY day. If we do not fully disclose something to a customer, we work with them. If there is a miscommunication, we fix it and make sure it doesn't happen again. Obviously $10 is not that much money since I'm already giving you $1400, but this is ridiculous. I hate to do this, but if you are unwilling to credit back or waive the $10, I want you to put me on the phone with a supervisor or someone who will." (I'm cringing at the fact that I am turning into the customer I hate until...)


DELL REP: "M'om, you are being da very rude, and I do not waive fee for you because it standard fee, and I will not get da supervisor, da fee will show on dee next bill."


ME:"Are you serious?!, Ok, here's what I'll do. I'll have the account holder (Jayk) call back in an hour, cancel the account, and I'll take my business elsewhere. Have a nice fucking day." (click).

This is the second time I had to have Jayk call in after I tried reasoning with them and they were assholes to me. I fucking hate Dell. I love their computers. I hate their fucking service. I know how my customers feel. It makes me even less empathetic.


Look at today for example. Customer calls in and practically rips my face off because her $.40 credit has not appeared in the store's system and it was entered in 5 min ago. She was SCREAMING! WTF?!? $.40 god damned cents! This is not my life, this is not my life. I am so tired of piddly shit that people fucking freak out about.


I had one guy tell me today and I quote, "I'm going to call the Attorney General of MD, and uhh..uhh..the FCC, and uhhh...uhhh.." I interject with "The Better Business Bureau?" Needless to say, he caught on to the fact that I was being a sarcastic bitch and that call is still pending a call back tomorrow, but I could care less. He was pissed over his 14 year old daughter using $25 worth of text messaging which I even offered to credit half since he said to me, "yea, I knew she was doing it, but this is still ridiculous..blah blah blah". And yet he still continued to throw his tantrum because I wouldn't give it all to him.


Fuck that job, that place, and the stupid assholes that call me everyday. On top of that, we set up follow ups for big credits or bill reworks, and now instead of giving us offline time (time off the phones) to do our follow ups (part of our job description), they want us to work offline OT to complete them instead of giving us time during our shift! FUCK THAT! I have a 4 year old, I'm going to school, and the last thing I want to do is stay in that damned building that wants me to do more, get paid less, and kiss people's ass? HELL NO! This bitch stops working for you at 4 o'clock...everyday.


I keep telling myself this is just a really bad rut. But it's only getting worse. Sorry for the lengthy rant, or bitch session. The only good news I have to report is finals are done, I'm off for a week, and so far, I got an A in my Information Technology class! I need more good news to weigh it out though. Damn life and all its bullshit. Good night.

5 comments:

Rocketstar said...

Wow, sorry you are having a bad spell of things, hope it gets better.

Hang in there.

Brianinmpls said...

Sorry for the bs:(

Colette said...

Yea. I hate my job. It's a well known fact...Besides getting an A in my IT class, my week sucks. I'm drinking tomorrow night in celebration of being half way through my associate's.

Brianinmpls said...

Hope your drinking went well...lol Mine was beautiful this weekend

the Book of Keira said...

The Attorney General? I've been on the phone with them a lot lately...lol.