Monday, July 02, 2007

Hello?!?!?!?

I know I am slack. I am a bad blogger friend. I am sorry.

Remember that cult like thing I told everyone about that I was afraid I was getting thrown into? Yea, not so much. It is nothing like a cult to be a firefighter's girlfriend. It's seriously like inheriting a HUMONGOUS family!

Friday after the memorial we went to the cookout at Caromi (Jayk's department), and then that night we went downtown to see some Marques's friends from out of state. When I say out of state, I mean out of state. I met firefighters from across the United States.

The brotherhood that firefighters refer to is real. I experienced it at it's finest. We partied with firefighters from Wisconsin, California, New York, Pennsylvania, Washington DC, Washington state, Colorado, London, Houston, Maryland, and even Canada. I'm sure I've forgotten some, but there were so many! I've never seen anything like it. There were even guys sitting behind us at the memorial service from Chicago.

I will say this much, it renewed the little hope I had left that there were sincerely good people left in the world. These men were all amazing. We partied with FDNY Emerald Society guys (the pipes and drum players that play at fire fighter's funerals, events, and parades etc.).

Everyone keeps asking me how I can let Jayk continue volunteering after what happened, my answer is automatic, "I wouldn't want him to be a part of anything else." The guys at his department and their wives are all amazing people. I'm so happy and proud to be a part of it!

Back to my apology, I am sorry. I could make excuses but excuses are like assholes..you know, everyone's got one...hope all my blogger peeps are doing as great as I am! =)

5 comments:

Maggie Moo said...

I am so happy to hear that you are doing well. Yesterday I was going to post a comment asking, but I didn't want to be pushy.

I'm also glad that the word cult turned into family, and that you are enjoying it...

Have a safe and happy 4th of July!!

the Book of Keira said...

I would be in heaven amongst all those firemen!

Colette said...

Mags: Thanks for the well wishes! I'm having a blast!

the108: Kyra, I feel ya. My sex drive has definiitely improved! LMAO!

Rocketstar said...

I'm glad to hear that little sis.

Maggie Moo said...

Hey there slacker! We miss you!

(Hope you're still sexin' it up and having a blast)