Thursday, October 04, 2007

Screw the weatherman!


This is what I have to say to the weatherman/gods/science that is keeping me from my favorite season: Screw you!

I am willing the chillier air, the beautiful colors, and jeans and sweater weather to come. I have started the spell by cooking my favorite fall meal: Chilli! That's right, damned the 80 degree weather, I will have an autumn mindset! And with this mindset, I am determined to will lower temperatures to my area.

I really hate this time of year down here because autumn is my favorite time of year, and I get deprived of it in Charleston. I hate the heat! I can't wait to dig into that crockpot tomorrow at dinner time!

Maybe if I keep this up, I'll be able to buy and carve a pumpkin without it rotting only after one day. I love Halloween. Pagan or otherwise, it is my favorite holiday. What other day of the year can you dress up as someone other than yourself (even if you do look mildly retarded in the French maid costume) and no one really says anything other than "great costume!"?

I want to live in a place that feels like fall all year round. Does such place exist? The last two days it's been raining like Seattle, hot like Havannah, and sticky like a rainforest. Ick.

On a somewhat happier note but something that will be stressing me out soon enough, Jayk and I drove around and looked at houses for rent. It was fun to look at all the places we could possibly live and what we would do with the places, but then those thoughts inevitably lead into how much money we have to come up with to move in, etc etc. So I just didn't think about that.

So overall, if I could have one wish that didn't involve large sums of money, it would be a toss up for cooler weather down here year round, or instead of wishing on the cosmos, I would wish to move back to MN or WI....hurry up fall....I'm not a patient person.

6 comments:

Maggie Moo said...

Ha! I was just thinking this same thing-Mo's on his way here and it's going to be 90 this weekend!?! WTF? It's craziness.

I'm wearing a sweater today, no matter what!

Brianinmpls said...

Yum:)

Tom said...

OMG! Living in a place where it's fall all year round! That would be so AWESOME!! Damn, you got some great ideas, girl! Have a good weekend!

Colette said...

Mags: Yea, I'm done with the heat. I'd wear a sweater here, but only if I was going to be inside all day!

Brian: I'm telling you, come on down for vacation, we'll cook ya up a storm and take you out downtown Charleston. You'd have a blast!

Tom: If I find that place, I will let you know!

All: have a great weekend!

the Book of Keira said...

Hey, I live in Seattle and it's not raining.

Wait... yes it is. Never mind.

That cili looks so good. I want a big ass bowl of it with onion, shredded cheese, sour cream and cayenne pepper on top. That's my order :-)

Colette said...

Kyra: Order UP! LOL I'm good with everything except the cayenne. We put a little bit of that IN the chilli. =)