Thursday, October 18, 2007

Never say Never...



Here's your risque pic Brian! Mwuahahahaha!

So anyway, I really like the class I'm in, Introduction to World Cultures and Social Environments. It's been a pretty easy class. Now just comes the essay. Thankfully my final is based off an interview of someone who is either an immigrant to my home country, a person of a different race or ethnicity, or a person who belongs to a subgroup I do not belong to. So pretty much that's anyone. Lucky for me, I can make mine interesting and interview my momma since she's from French Morrocco. The other plus is it doesn't have to be that long, just 1050-1750 words. I type more than that in my blog sometimes.

Not only do I like this class, but this is the last of my elective classes, then I start into my core program in Human Services! I'm so stoked about this because as we all know, the sooner I get done with my associates, the sooner I can leave the dreaded job I'm in, AND this time next year will be that time. Then onto my bachelor's and master's.

Funny how time changes and things we hated growing up become something we enjoy as adults, and this applies to almost every aspect of life. Think about it, how many of us hated asparagus or some other weird vegetable that made us want to puke? Or had the annoying cousin that made us say "I'm never having kids?" I was one that HATED school and looking back it wasn't the learning I hated, it was the people I was there with.Maybe one day I'll blog about my traumatic days in junior high and high school, right now I'm not ready for that. But the cool thing is now, I actually really enjoy school now and I would be lost without it since I wouldn't have anything else to do. It keeps me on track, and eats up a lot of time that I could be wasting doing something completely unproductive.

You could have asked me 4 years ago if I thought I would be engaged, and I would've said "Fuck no, I hate all men and am never getting married." 3 years ago if you would have asked me if I was going back to school ever, my answer would have been, "I don't have the money or time, and I don't even know how to get started." 5 years ago if you would have asked me if I ever wanted kids, the answer would have been "Nope, I like the ones I can give back at the end of the day, but I don't want one to keep." 10 years ago, I dropped out of high school because I couldn't handle my peers constantly "ruining my life" (yea, I actually thought it was that serious).

Almost everything I said I would never do has become a cherished part of my life. I wonder when we say we're never going to do something if secretly that is what our heart of hearts desires the most.....

4 comments:

Tom said...

Nice pic, but it woulda been more provocative (and offensive) if you had applied blackface.

Rocketstar said...

I am never going to win the lottery

Colette said...

Brian: Glad you approve ;0)~

Tom: I don't think they make black facial mask...I was exfoliating. lol

Rocket: Please share the wealth if that one works for ya!

Maggie Moo said...

So...if I comment will you post something to get rid of this picture?

Haa haa haa...I'm totally just kidding. It makes me smile every time I visit. ;)